Friday, October 17, 2008

Fresh!

My brain is absolutely shot.

Sure, it has enough room for about one topic, one train of thought. That's it, though. My mind is so saturated with fatigue and this one thing that I didn't even notice the one red flag all children have a tendency to wave:

Silence.

Every parent craves silence. I foam at the mouth for it. I have been known to clasp my hands over my ears and sing "lalalala, I can't heeaaar yoooou!" just to get my point across.

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Mature, I know. But surround yourself with children all day and tell me you don't feel like doing that at least once in a while. I actually do it.

The problem with silence is when it comes without you somehow demanding it, and yesterday that happened. My brain was so dead that it didn't realize it until it was too late.

The boys, bless 'em for getting along, put their little heads together and decided to see what the bathrooms (plural) would look like covered in baby powder.

I walked into the hallway, probably to use the bathroom, thinking "huh, what's that smell? *cough* smells good."

HA!

Fortunately for them, I'm too beat up lately to flip out at that. I'm a little unstable lately. You really never know what will set me off and what won't, but the baby powdered bathroom didn't do it. I shrugged, told them to go play outside and, uh, left it alone for another few hours.

I'm tired!

And really, compare that to the time I walked in on Jason dipping a paper cup in a toilet full of crap, finding crap on the toilet paper roll, the wall, the towels...baby powder is nothing.

Seriously, though: I think Eric and I both deserve a week off. The kids, too. At this point, we'd take a weekend easy. The last time we took a weekend we did nothing but sleep. I actually fell asleep at 7:30 one night. Lame!

So much for a romantic weekend, right? Slept like rocks. Woke up only to eat. This is why we need a week. A weekend to sleep, a few days to actually see each other.

I might miss them after a week. Maybe. Probably. I know I'd miss them after two weeks. I love my kids to death, and I'm only half-joking, but it would do us all a bit of good.

I just need my brain to wake up.

3 comments:

~N said...

Baby powder in the bathroom?
Nice... Easier to clean up than poop that's for sure! lol

Go to sleep!!!!

Anonymous said...

My half-brother once had diahrea (I know I'm not spelling that right, but oh well) in the swimming pool. Thank god I only had to hear about it from his dad. I would not have wanted to be there for it. Ew.

I hope you and your hubby can get some time together!

Lisa said...

ugh! don't bring up diahrea (crap, I dunno either and I'm going to be lazy and not look it up)

It's awful stuff. Especially if the kid is potty training. That's when you just toss a pull up on 'em.

*shiver*