Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You just have to see it.

So Abbie has proved to be quite the little writer/drawer.

Just like someone some of you all might remember (hint! me)

Of course, some of this may stem from the fact that she observes me writing on a daily basis and has seen me draw cartoon characters.

But still. Her attention to detail astounds me.

Yesterday, she was sitting at the table while I was in the middle of trying to keep my mind focused. This is a near-impossible feat as of late. I could have to vomit and forget that I had to if
I was trying to keep my mind focused on what I was writing at the moment.

"Mom, how do you spell room?"

The words spill from my mouth as fast as I can get them out. "R-O-O-M, Abbie."

"Okay."

A minute passes.

"Mommy, how do you spell you?"

"Sweetie, puh-lease. This is the last one. I'm trying to do something. Y-O-U. Now you have to sound out the rest. I can't think!"

Oh if I only knew.

Some minutes later, she comes to me asking for a piece of tape so she can place her new sign on her door. I glance at the paper she's speaking of because, honestly, I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Memories of my mom telling me as a kid it wasn't a good idea to tape things to doors like the ones we have flood my mind. I don't want to ruin the doors, but there's always paint.

"Lemme see your paper."

Instead of telling you what it says, I'd rather show you. It's absolutely hilarious and adorable
all at the same time:



She then explains to me that this paper is to "keep the boys out."

To be fair, the girl made one for Jason as well.

...And then they all played. In each other's rooms.

It's things like this that make the insanity a little more bearable.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Adorable!! I love love love the things little kids write!!

Eric said...

very funny babe